Qualifications Sought In Board Members:
The Board is strongest and most effective when the following core competencies are represented on the Board, with each director contributing their unique combination of knowledge, experience, and skills.
- Membership and Belief in the Chamber Vision, Values and Mission
- When nominated, and during your term on the Board, Directors must be members in good standing of the GNCoC.
- Directors must agree to support the vision, mission and values of the GNCoC.
- Integrity and Accountability
- Directors must have demonstrated high ethical standards and integrity in their personal and professional dealings, and must be willing to act on – and remain accountable for – their boardroom decisions.
- Directors should be respected and influential in the community, and/or possess special knowledge, skills, or experience which would assist the work of the Board.
- Mature Confidence and Informed Judgment
- Directors shall provide wise, thoughtful counsel on a broad range of issues.
- Directors must value the performance of the Board as a whole over individual performance and should demonstrate respect for others in executing their responsibilities.
- A Director must put the overall interest of the Chamber ahead of their own business interests
- Be self-motivated and demonstrate an ability to lead others in challenging work projects.
- Financial Literacy
- Directors should be financially literate and able to evaluate organizational performance.
- Financial Contribution
- Be aware of a modest financial commitment, including expenses for regular attendance at Chamber functions and special events demonstrating a personal commitment and establishing credibility when called upon to ask others to give.
- Time Availability
- Directors must be willing and able to commit about 8 hours per month to Chamber work in order to devote the time and effort necessary to fully participate in the governance of the organization.
- Directors are expected to attend one Board meeting per month, a Committee meeting and Chamber events. Directors are expected to come prepared, having reviewed all Board and Committee material, and to actively participate in the meetings.
Request To Let Your Name Stand As A
Nominee for the Position of Director
Please fill out the following form and return it to the Chamber office along with a digital photograph. Nominations close March 9, 2017.
(Applicants may attach additional pages if needed.)
POSITION IN COMPANY: ______________________________________________________
PHONE: _____________________ EMAIL: _________________________________________________
I am prepared to let my name stand for election and will be free to carry out my responsibilities as an active Director should I be elected. I hereby certify that I have perused the Directors commitment and responsibilities and should I be elected to represent the Greater Nanaimo Chamber of Commerce I will fulfill those obligations.
Here is a brief summary background, and my community involvements and a picture.
Signature of the Nominee ______________________________________________________
This nomination form must be signed by any three members in good standing, as well as the nominee.