Chair: Judy Stephan, Nanaimo Magazine
Bill Jones, Ion Marine Nanaimo
Billy-Joe Checko, Waypoint Insurance
Dirk Heydemann, Heydemann Art of Photography
Garret Phenix, Oneaftereight Design
Hanan Merrill, Nanaimo Hearing Clinic
Jessica Thatcher, Full Scope Rehabilitation Services
Joe Godard, AGS Business Systems
Kalon Goodrich, Legal Shield
Quintin Winks, Investors Group
Sue Grubac, 4 Pillars Consulting
What is a Chamber Ambassador?
Ambassadors are important people. They are a group of professionals from various backgrounds who serve as a liaison between the Chamber and its members. The goal of the Ambassadors is to encourage meaningful participation in the Chamber’s programs and services for new members, in an effort to build member commitment and increase member retention.
These volunteers help to increase the retention rate of existing members by being responsive to members’ needs and reinforcing the value of Chamber membership. Ambassadors encourage member participation in Chamber activities.
Why become a Chamber Ambassador?
Being an Ambassador is an opportunity to be in the spotlight. Ambassadors gain business exposure by being the first to meet new Chamber members and put their company’s name in the forefront. By volunteering at Chamber events and attending the monthly meetings, the Ambassador’s business is always involved and kept current on what is going on within the community.
Ambassadors call and visit other Chamber members, attend monthly meetings, and recruit other Ambassadors. They also encourage businesses to become Chamber members, and participate in Chamber projects throughout the year.
What is required of a Chamber Ambassador?
Ambassadors support the work of the Chamber of Commerce by:
- Promoting the Chamber in the community.
- Making members feel comfortable at Business After Business and other Chamber functions.
- Attending monthly Ambassador meetings.
- Visiting new members throughout the year to encourage involvement in Chamber programs and ensure that the Chamber is meeting their needs. This includes actual face-to-face visits to the new members.
- Attending grand openings, ribbon cutting events and volunteering at other community events as may be required.
- Ambassadors are asked to serve for at least one year, attend at least 2 events a month and most choose to renew their Ambassadorship.
How do I become a Chamber Ambassador?
If you are a Chamber member and want to make new contacts and help others gain business exposure and share the benefits and excitement of Chamber membership, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.