TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Please carefully read the following and sign at the bottom. Greater Nanaimo Chamber of Commerce (hereinafter called “the Chamber”) acknowledges the following Terms and Conditions for applications made by vendors (hereinafter called “Vendor”) to the 2018 Commercial Street Night Market.
Application and Approval
- All applications are subject to approval by the Greater Nanaimo Chamber of Commerce.
- Storefront businesses located in the market area have first right of refusal and priority of site selection.
- Applications must include a detailed description of ALL goods and services to be promoted in a site, and must complement each other, i.e. jewelry and clothing – jewelry and produce NOT permitted. The Chamber reserves the right to limit the total in each category and to decline anything deemed unfitting.
- Goods NOT permitted: Secondhand or liquidation items, drugs, marijuana edibles or drug paraphernalia. The Chamber cannot accept applications from vendors with religious or political messaging.
- You may be requested to provide photos of the products intended to be sold.
- Massage therapists must provide a current insurance rider valid for the attending market dates.
- Food vendors must abide by all current VIHA regulations and must provide a VIHA permit with current decal.
- Commercial vendors must state the size of food truck, trailer, or cart on the application, and will be charged by the foot over 12’.
- Standard tent sites are individually identified by a number marked to the curb. They are measured to fit a 10’ long X 10’ deep tent.
- Drop-In vendors are assigned sites the day before the market only and payment will be expected prior to the market at the time of booking.
- Vendors are NOT PERMITTED to change assigned sites.
- The Market Coordinator reserves the right to reassign sites and relocate vendors as deemed necessary.
REFUND AND CANCELLATION POLICY
- The market is a rain or shine event. NO refunds or discounts will be given for poor weather conditions.
- Full season vendors have until June 7 to cancel their booking. If a cancellation is made after June 7, a $45 will be charged to the vendor.
- Drop-in vendors are required to cancel no later than 2 weeks before their scheduled date.
- Full season vendors are allowed to miss 3 out of the 11 market dates with proper cancellation notice. For every market missed over 3, a $45 fee will be imposed.
- Cancellation fees must be paid promptly.
ON-SITE SET-UP OPERATION
- Unless advised otherwise, vendors are not to arrive for set-up earlier than 3:30pm or late than 4:30pm. Loading and unloading schedules will be provided.
- For traffic control and safety reasons, unless assisted by a market attendant, DO NOT DRIVE A) through ANY road block after 5:00pm, (B) in the Market Zone between 5:00 and 9:00 pm, or C) through the market from the time the tents go up until closing time.
- Absolutely no early takedowns permitted. Safety, and market integrity, are imperative and are jeopardized when vendors pack up and leave early, and/or drive through the market zone before closing time. At the close of the market, first pack up your tent and belongings before going to get your vehicle, allowing 10-15 minutes after close for visitors to leave the market zone and fellow vendors to begin their pack up.
- Notices/Signs are posted about NO PARKING after 3:00pm, the market cannot be held liable if the cars have not moved in time for set up.
- When in need of assistance for any situation, call the Market Coordinator at 250-739-3698, or park near the market zone and find a market attendant/volunteer in a safety vest to assist.
- Only market organizers have the discretion to close the market early or cancel it completely.
- Vendors are expected to be respectful and considerate of all others in the market, at all times. Any vendor acting in an unsafe or disrespectful manner will be at risk of being banned from the market.
- Vendors must provide their own tents, tables, chairs, power (generators), etc. Tents are optional buy anchored tents with attachable walls are recommended for shelter form extreme weather conditions.
- Vendors must keep all belongings within their site boundaries. Signs and belongings are not to block pedestrian traffic, or block the view of your neighbours’ displays.
- Vendors are responsible for the cleanliness of their sites and must remove all waster and litter.
- Food Vendors: A.) appropriate sized litter and recycle bins must be made accessible to the public and will be strictly enforced. ) Dumping of waste or leaking of fluids will not be tolerated.
- Vendors must carry their own liability insurance.
- The Chamber, its staff, and its volunteers will NOT be held responsible for injury to vendors, or damage/theft of vendors’ property during any part of the Commercial Street Market event.
- The market is a non-smoking area for vendors. 10 meters from the Market Zone is a required minimum.
- Any vendor intending on using a generator for power at the market must advise the Market Coordinator in advance of the market. Only low noise impact generators will be permitted
- Any vendor who does not comply with all of the terms and conditions of the Vendor Rental Agreement risks being refused for evicted at any time during the 2018 market season.